Monday, August 17, 2009

THE BELLE OF THE BALL II

Grace and her beau ready to hit the dancefloor (in a Lyndi creation!)
When Grace asked me to make her debs dress I was pretty excited and nervous at the same time!
She didn't have many specifications - just a floor length navy blue dress with one shoulder. Luckily for me that left the floor wide open for me have some fun - and that i did:)
We decided to go with satin - for a classy look.


As she wanted a simple design we decided that the ruffle had to be fabulous!
It has 3 circular ruffles on each side, 6 fabric roses and and one really long ruffle entwined around the roses! The roses have tiny blue beads in the centres to add a little bit of sparkle! It was alot of effort but definetely worth it:)


I had so much fun making it and it was a brilliant experience - it's my pride and joy of my sewing collection so far:)

4 comments:

  1. You should be very proud indeed! That shoulder strap/corsage/floral-ruffle-fest is awesome. Both sister and dress look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did an amazing job. i love it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dress is amazing, loving the corsage, very debs chic yet young and cute and fun.
    DRN

    ReplyDelete
  4. As we say in France... "Magnifique !

    ReplyDelete