Monday, January 18, 2010

BLUE MONDAY? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Statistically today is meant to be the most depressing, gloomy day of the year (Blue Monday), what with the holidays over and being back at work, being broke, the dark evenings etc etc.....

Well, I dispell the myth because I had a great day:)

I also got back into crafting after taking some time off (due to various reasons - our heating was broken, then our kitchen flooded - but we won't talk about that!!).
To ease myself in, I started with some easy projects.
My friend Laura brought me some really cute ribbon (among other things like Southern Comfort flavoured coffee... YUM!!) when she visited over Christmas so I used it, an old moisturiser tub, some scrap material & some stuffing to make a little pin cushion with storage inside.

Here's the ribbon:

And here's the little pin cushion thing:

I also used a really cool tutorial (http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2009/06/recycled-magazine-coasters.html) about how to make magazine cover coasters so now I'm hooked...

Even my tea cup is happy with it's cool new coaster:)

Hope you had a great day too
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment