Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring dress photos

So here it is.... my Spring dress....

I used this great online tutorial from Sew, Mama Sew blog, and a floral tablecloth I picked up in a 2nd hand shop in Dublin for 3 euro!

I know I look like I stepped out of 'The Little House on the Prairie' but I have to say I'm delighted with the result:)
The design on the tablecloth was perfect for the dress as it meant I could have the purple design at the top and the bottom and then the beige part on the main body of the dress and the ruffle sleeves. The dress used up about 1/4 of the fabric so I still have lots left over for other projects!!


The pattern is very easy to follow, you just measure yourself & put the measurements into the calculations... & voila... you have a dress tailored to you! It also has some lovely pleated detailing on the front & back. The pattern is for a top but I lengthened it into a dress for Spring (ironically when I had it made it started to snow again!!!).
I like the pattern alot so I think I'll try out making a top with it, but maybe make the ruffle straps a bit smaller so they fit underneath a cardigan without giving me huge shoulders:)


1 comment:

  1. Aww... it's uber cute! and looks really well on! It will be really nice to wear out in the sun (that's if we ever get any!) :o)

    ReplyDelete