Friday, June 3, 2011

2ND HAND SHOP ALTERATIONS # 1. PINK FLORAL MAXI DRESS

I picked this dress up years ago & it's been hanging around my stash waiting to be worked on.  I believe it was a lady's sundress, however the body is very small & the fabric is a bit childish (though pretty & summery!).


It has lovely piping detail around the neckline & around each of the ruffles.  I was a bit reluctant to take it all apart & tried to think of ways to maximise what I could make with it with minimal deconstruction.



I removed the skirt ruffles & left the top piece intact.  It can be worn as a ladies top but I think it looks best as a cute toddlers dress....


I then made 2 skirts from the remainder.  They both have elasticated waitbands & matching headbands! 
One is suitable for a young girl & one for a toddler.




I'm really happy with them :D  I used all my fabric & the project was quick & easy. 
They will be availabe to buy in May Fly Camden St from next Wednesday!
Hope everyone has a fab sunny happy bank holiday weekend!  I'm off to Forbidden Fruit festival tomorrow & Sunday... stay out sunshine :D
Love Lyndi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment