Thursday, June 2, 2011

PROJECT SKIRT (1 & 2)

'Project Skirt' got underway last week.  So far I have made 2 skirts from slightly unorthadox materials (a tablecloth & a curtain!).  I decided to go all out & make worksheets for the skirts to help me brainstorm & decide on a final design.  I like these worksheets & hope to use them on future projects.



**********

Skirt 1 was made using Simplicity 8955.  In the photo it's the check mini skirt on the left.

 
This pattern claims to be a size 12, unfortunately this is not the case & the skirt ended up being a size 8ish.  Not to worry, I'm sure someone slim enough will like it (fingers crossed!!).  It was a bit plain when it was made so I decided to add some lace detail at the hem & make a matching brooch which can also be used as a hair piece.




**********

I didn't use a pattern for Skirt 2.  I really like the flowers on the material & I had a matching blue plastic zip in my stash.  I thought it would be a shame to hide the zip so put it straight down the front as a functional opening & closing for the skirt.  The waistband is elasticated & was made using on old elastic belt with a broken buckle. 




The belt was very wide & looking at the skirt now, the waistband is probably too wide.  To be honest I really like the lampshade shape of the skirt & think it would be pretty teamed with a beige or blue tank top or tshirt, long necklace & flip flops for summer :D 

**********

Project skirt will be ticking along nicely in the background over the next few weeks.  I am also working on my 2nd hand shop alterations (as mentioned in yesterdays post) so hope to have some posts up soon on those.
Stay tuned, leave a comment, thanks for reading!
Love Lyndi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment