Tuesday, July 12, 2011

COFFEE DATE DRESS 3, CROP TOP FROM SELF DRAFTED PATTERN & SOME TYE DYING... PHEW!!!

Coffee Date Dress #3 still needs a little bit of tweeking to one of the shoulders... essentially here is the finished product...



I am delighted with the result... it even has in-seam pockets :)  Eva is delighted with it too, so I have to get started on her actual dress.
************************

I decided to draft my own pattern... I mean how hard can it be?!! 
Inspired by a cute lace crop top I picked up in a second hand shop in town for a few euro, I made a very basic 2 piece pattern.  It has a round neck, no sleeves, and darts at the bust line.   It turned out ok... aside for the fact that it would only fit someone with the body of a 12 year old boy!!!  Oh well, learning is doing!!! :)
Here is the first top I made from the pattern, I think it's quite cute!




 ***************

I was dying a dress this morning & thought I'd have some fun with some old shirts and some twine... yes, I did some tye dying... groovy baby :D  I have an idea up my sleeve for these little beauties...



Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather!!
Be good,
Love Lyndi xx




No comments:

Post a Comment