Sunday, July 17, 2011

MORE UPCYCLING... MENS SHIRT TO SUMMER DRESS

There is a surplus of oversized mens shirts in charity shops at the mo... I got 5 for 10 Euro in Dun Laoghaire last week!!  This was my fave by far... a lovely soft denim shirt.


 Armed with these and this online tutorial I set about using them to make something cute & summery... and this is the result...


A pinafore style dress with elasticated waist, v-neck & cross straps at the back.
I think it would look best with a nice white vest top underneath.




I kept the button detail on the skirt front.  Personally I think its good to prove that an upcycled product used to be something else.  I'm happy with the result... minimum effort, maximum results.  
I have a few more shirts to work through... remember my tie dying from last week... hint hint, watch this space!!
xx

2 comments:

  1. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information and nice collection. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.


    Islamic book & Mens Islamic clothing

    ReplyDelete