Thursday, July 14, 2011

UPCYCLING: FUN, EASY & THE RESULT IS GREAT :D

'Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value'

For me, upcycling is finding a white French Connection dress in a chairty shop, dying it red and embellishing it with metal stars.  
The dress cost 7 euro, the dye cost 4 euro (& was also used for my tie dying antics!!), the metal stars were salvaged from a belt that broke years ago.
The result is pretty and rock'n'roll at the same time.






**************

Upcycling is also using the remaining stars to embellish a skirt that I made for myself from a pair of jeans my sister was getting rid of... bonus :D



See, upcycling = great :D
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment