Sunday, August 7, 2011

& SOME MORE UPCYCLING... MENS SHIRTS TO SUMMER DRESSES

Wow, I can't believe its been so long since my last post!!! Ooops! 
I have been a busy sewing bee (& we had a nice mini roadtrip over the bank holiday weekend) so lots going on here.  
Firstly some more upcycling... remember the tie-dye fabric I posted about a while ago?  Well here it is in all its glory...
Pink tie dye dress with lace detail

Adjustable cross straps at the back

Close-up of lace detail

Tie dye mens shirt to summer dress

Cross straps at the back
I am very pleased with the result.  It was fun turning something masculine into something totally feminine :D
I have one more shirt to turn into a dress and then I think I'll turn my attention to something totally different.  

I have alot of fabric leftovers from the projects I've been working on recently & want to turn them into something wearable.  Check back for more info on my 'Scrapheap challenge revisited'! ... coming soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment