Sunday, November 13, 2011

KNIT & STITCH SHOW

I went to the Knit & Stitch Show in the RDS on Saturday morning.  I have never been before & was looking forward to it.  As far as I know it is the biggest retail & exhibition of knitting & sewing supplies (it also includes paper, notions, jewellery making bits & bobs, paper goods and sweets?!) in Ireland.  I spent about 3 hours there, by lunchtime I had to wrestle my way to the door to get out before I got trampled on my middle aged women with wheelie-trollies :O
I managed to pick up some beautiful material (total bargains) and got to see 2 amazing exhibitions.  'Seascapes' was an exhibition of work by various artists inspired by the sea, and another was an exhibition of embroidery and applique... amazing!!!! Pics below:

felt making workshop... can't wait to get into felt making at college :)

machine & hand stitched

machine & hand stitched

fabric stained glass image

giant knitting needles :O

No comments:

Post a Comment