Saturday, November 5, 2011

PRODUCTIVITY 0%, PROCRASTINATION 100%

YES mid term break is nearly over and NO I didn't do anything I had planned to do.  I rounded off a very unproductive week with a trip home to Cavan.  After a few hours I realised that I have a stash of fashion mags & stationary upstairs.... who needs Eason when you have the attic?! So last night I settled in with a few cans of cider & a stack of old Glamour, Elle, Cosmo's & Tatlers... ahhh bliss :)  I spent a few hours ripping out pages & pictures of stuff that I like... & bingo... a collection of research. 

Inspiration:
1. The sharp shoulders & cinched waists of the 1940's.
2. Modern androgyny.

Recent & relevant catwalk collections:
1. 1940's - Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu & Donna Karan
2. Androgyny - Stella McCartney, Nicole Farhi, Alexander Wang & Michael Kors

Colour palette: forest green, black, silver/grey!

My 20 skirt designs are due on Monday (eek!) and I have to have settled on a final design by Wednesday.  I have Tuesday off so I plan to spend it engrossed in some fabric shopping in the city!  I need swatches, notions & to persuade my tutor that I can make what I design.... hmmm, better get designing!!

I'm not a fan of photoless posts so here is some applique/embroidery I did before the hols: 
spelling mistake in chalk so will rub off!

free machine embriodery on black

tiny pink french knots

No comments:

Post a Comment