Friday, January 13, 2012

COLLEGE: SKIRT PROJECT UPDATE

With only 9 hours left to finish and submit my skirt I better show you how I'm getting on!

Mock-up of skirt in toile fabric
After I drafted my pattern I had to make a mock-up of the skirt in toile fabric.  It's a good way to make sure that you are happy with the pattern and see if you need to make any adjustments.  The hips were a little bit pointy so I took 0.5cm from each one and rounded them off.  I also reduced the size of the peplum as I thought the back of it was too long.

I think I mentoined before that I was going to do some embroidery on the peplum (based on my artwork inspiration).  I settled on a basic vine-like design showcasing some hand embroidery, machine embroidery and some beading......

Green chain stitch on outside.  Silver ribbon with machine embroidery and silver beads.  Black beads on edge.


There are 12 pods on each peplum half, so a total of 24 pods!!!


I only settled on my embroidery pattern last Thursday and since then I've hardly put it down.  I'm delighted with how it has turned out :)  I'm excited to get the skirt and corresponding design booklet finished.  I've put ALOT of effort into this and am looking forward to seeing in on the dressmakers stand fully finished on Friday (and on the catwalk at the end of the year!!).

Lyndi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment