Friday, February 17, 2012

REDRESS: BETTER FASHION INITIATIVE

 


I got to spend 2 weeks with the delightful crew in ReDress for my college work placement.  If you don't know already (shame on you!!) ReDress is an Irish organisation that promote better fashion industry practices.  Set up in 2008 by 3 fiercly talented ladies, ReDress is dedicated to combining fashion with good ethics.  I have been a fan of the girls' work for a few years now and have attended some of their classes (fashion illustration, upcycling).  As soon as I found out that I had to find industry experience as part of my course I knew straight away where I wanted to go.  Having trained as an environmental scientist, the 3 R's (reduce, reuse, recycle) are inate in me at this stage and have always featured in my wardrobe/crafting (see post on Wardrobe Remaster 2012 challenge!).  I knew that this was part of what ReDress do, but as I found out they do so much more: consumer education and awareness, clean clothes campaign, Better Fashion Shop and Better Fashion Week (April 25th to 29th).  While I was there I got to research information that will be used to update their Resources page on their website.  I'd like to say a huge thanks to the girls (and boy!) for being so nice to me for my 2 week placement.  Good luck with everything, and see you over Better Fashion Week :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment