Monday, August 6, 2012

STILL MAD ABOUT THE PEPLUM :)

Was I actually being extremely fashion-forward a few months ago by making a peplum skirt?!  Peplums are just everywhere at the moment, & I'm loving them:)  So after seeing a really cute peplum top in last months Elle I decided it was time to make one of my own. 

The bodice is based on the blouse I made for college... I shortened the pattern, left out the sleeves, removed the front opening, made a round neckline & added a peplum of course!

I picked up this bright & a little bit crazy material in Australia when I was there & posted it home to myself.  I thought it was just crazy enough to carry off the pattern.

I'm delighted with the result & it got it's first outing on Saturday night, with a few compliments:)



front
 
back

keyhole opening at back

gold rose button from mam's button stash:)

nice neat french seams & handmade bias binding




No comments:

Post a Comment