Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DCU PROJECT YOUNG DESIGNER 2012/13

I know, I know.... it's been ages since I've blogged.... busy is not the word!!!

But I have good news!  I entered the DCU Project Young Designer Competition & got through to the semi finals next Wednesday in the Helix :D

The competition was to enter 'one inspiring outfit' which will represent you as a designer.  I entered the dress I'm designing for college as the deadline fit in around the competition.  On Wednesday the 20 semi finalist outfits will walk the catwalk at the Helix and 10 will be chosen for the final next March.

The finalists then have to go away & create a mini collection (4 outfits) which will be judged and a winner chosen.  The overall prize: to sell your designs in Om Diva boutique in Dublin city!!!  How exciting :O

Here is a little picture of my dress design.  I bought the material in a charity shop for 2 euro & dyed it with natural dye that I made from plum skins.

Hey Eva - looking good ;)
Here is a sneak preview of some of the beadwork on the skirt pocket cuffs, & yes it took AGES!!!!!

Design for beadwork is based on some of my artwork:)

Keep you fingers crossed for me, I'll let you know how things go next Wednesday!!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment