Sunday, January 18, 2015

Wardrobe Architect week 2: Defining my Core Style

'STYLE IS NOT IMMUTABLE'


- what are the styles that make me feel like me? 

An a-line dress with tights and boots

Skinny jeans with a top and cardigan

A blouse and pencil skirt 




- how do I feel when I wear my favorite styles? 

I feel comfortable and elegant when I wear my favorite styles. I know they suit and I they make me feel confident in my personal style. 

There are words I don't particularly like; cute is one of them.... But I suppose having the same haircut I had when I was a child doesn't help the situation! 

-Who are my style icons? 

I find it difficult to say that I admire the style of someone whom I believe is dressed by a stylist!  In this way I do not necessarily admire celebritity style. 
However there are some ladies in the industry I cannot ignore as I love the risks they take with their style: 
Marioslava Duma and Amber Valetta are two of these women. 
I believe that true style icons are of a bygone era - Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Twiggy make an impact for me. 

- what words describe my core style? 

Conservative
Clean lines
Simple
Cozy
Practical
Autumnal
Smart
Well-made 
Vintage-inspired
Timeless
Elegant
Groomed
Comfortable

There are many words I could use to describe my core style.  I chose the following 5: 

Clean lines
Elegant
Well made
Smart
Vintage-inspired 


No comments:

Post a Comment